The National Museum of the United States Army is honored to facilitate individual/personal Military Milestone Events (MME). Active duty service members may conduct promotion, reenlistment, commissioning, change of command, award presentation, and retirement ceremonies within our state-of-the-art building surrounded by Army history. A venue fee is not required for these events when held in designated areas at specified times. Military Milestone Events must follow the guidelines stated below:
- NO WALK-IN CEREMONIES PERMITTED. MMEs must be scheduled and confirmed with the Museum’s Protocol and Events Manager at least two-weeks prior. Booking requests are preferred 4 months in advance.
- MMEs held in the Lobby during Museum hours will be public and visible to Museum visitors. Please be courteous of visitors at all times.
- MMEs may be held in the Museum Lobby in front of the Wall of Honor, for 30 people or less. Ceremony reservation times will start no sooner than 9:30 am and reservations, including tear down, must end by 4:30 pm.
- The Museum will provide chairs and a podium if required. The reservation holder is responsible for set-up and tear-down of the event. Museum employees and volunteers are not available to set-up or tear-down the event space.
- MME reservations will be for 90-minutes total; which includes time needed for set-up and tear-down.
- Equipment requests require 72-hour notice and are dependent on equipment availability.
- Outside food or drink are not permitted.
- Flowers are not permitted—per the Museum’s Pest Management Policy which helps minimize the exposure of priceless artifacts to insects and other pests.
- Please be respectful of all Museum rules, policies, and visitors.
- Museum timed-admission tickets will be provided for up to 30 ceremony guests and/or participants to attend the MME and tour the Museum.
MME’s with more than 30 attendees, needing specialized requests, and/or requesting additional services should contact the Army Historical Foundation to discuss options for a private special event.