Do you want to leave a lasting legacy? Do you want to support the National Museum of the United States Army beyond your lifetime? If you answered, yes, then you are like our many, generous members who have decided to leave a gift through their will or trust to expand their support of the Museum after they are gone. Supporting the Museum through planned giving expands your philanthropic capacity by making a “cashless” gift now, which will benefit the National Army Museum in the future.
Not interested in changing your will or trust but want to support planned giving opportunities? One of the easiest ways to make a planned gift to the National Army Museum is by donating retirement assets to The Army Historical Foundation (AHF). Such a gift allows you to maintain your quality of life and continue to provide for your family without changing your will. Also, designating AHF as a beneficiary of your 401K plan, or a different retirement plan, could save you estate income tax.
The Foundation is extremely grateful for all types of gifts and welcomes the opportunity to work with you and your personal advisors to determine if one or more planned giving arrangements are appropriate for you. Upholding your confidentiality is of the upmost importance to us, and all conversations, inquiries, and communications are held in strict confidence and without obligation.
How You Can Get Involved through Planned Giving:
- Gifts by Will or Revocable Trust – Name The Army Historical Foundation in your will through a bequest provision.
- Qualified Retirement Plans – Designate The Army Historical Foundation as a beneficiary of your retirement plan assets.
- Gifts of Securities – Transfer stock to The Army Historical Foundation.
- Gifts by Life Insurance – Designate The Army Historical as owner/beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – Create a trust that provides a fixed or variable income to meet your specific needs, at the termination of which all remaining assets are passed to The Army Historical Foundation.
- Retained Life Estate – Give a remainder interest in your personal residence, farm, or vacation home to The Army Historical Foundation.