The Army Historical Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Army Historical Foundation follows a policy of non-discrimination for members and employees. Procedures to administer the policy are developed and implemented by the Executive Director.
Recruitment, hiring, and promotion of individuals in all job classifications will be conducted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national/ethnic background, age, physical or mental handicap, sexual preference or veteran status except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. All employment decisions will be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal opportunity. Promotional decisions will be made in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity through the use of valid job related criteria.
Current Positions Available
The Army Historical Foundation typically has internship opportunities available in a range of fields, including: Marketing, Design, Communications, History, and Government Affairs.
The Foundation offers flexible hours, various levels of reimbursement, and a relaxed, but professional work environment. Interns are often given the unique opportunity to work closely in conjunction with Campaign officials in efforts to advance the National Army Museum project.
To learn about internship opportunities for summer 2013, please contact Matt Seelinger via email: email@example.com, or phone: (703) 562-4166
Corporate Relations Manager
The Army Historical Foundation (AHF) was established in 1983 as a member-based, publicly supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving the history and heritage of the American Soldier. A memorandum of Agreement with the Department of the Army designated AHF as the official fundraising entity for the National Museum of the United States Army, responsible for administering its Capital Campaign.
The Army Historical Foundation (AHF) seeks an experienced and energetic front-line fundraiser to join its dynamic campaign team. Primary duties include establishing and managing effective relationships with donor prospects and existing major donors, and assisting in building a successful fundraising program.
The Corporate Relations Officer, under the supervision of the Senior Director of Development, will identify and qualify potential major donors, and design and implement successful cultivation and solicitation strategies. The Corporate Relations Officer will solicit prospects, and steward existing donors.
- Bachelors Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of and proven track record in corporate fund raising required.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the nonprofit sector (or a transferable field) with a minimum of three years as a front-line fundraiser/client services representative preferred. Experience soliciting and closing gifts at the six figure level preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required. The incumbent must be comfortable working in a team oriented environment, as well as a disciplined self-starter who is results-oriented.
- Regular travel is expected.
- Military experience is preferred but not required.
AHF has development officers based in regions throughout the country. A telecommuting option is available for the right candidate. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.